We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Premade Gaming PC, notably for ArmA 2 and DayZ mod, from a reliable retailer??

Ethefalse

Likes # 0

I'd want the graphics to be medium - high settings, basically, and for the computer itself to be reasonably priced (£400 - £600). Although it may disappoint certain people, I do not have the time or interest (sorry to disappoint, it's just not my thing) to build a computer myself, so I'd appreciate advice from people who have the passion and knowledge.

The mentioned game, a military simulator, is the one I'll likely play most extensively and I shouldn't need to over-complicate my purchase. Any advice, please? If you're to recommend a certain site, I'd be thankful if it wasn't relatively unknown and/or lacking any substantial coverage in media.

Thanks a lot!

Like this post
roddypoddy

Likes # 0

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

Here you go chap,and on the forums there is a lot of chat about that mod,

Like this post
Ethefalse

Likes # 0

I was browsing the options and saw this:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-210-OK

Is default graphics card, AMD 760G Onboard, any good?

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 1

ETHEFALSE

The onboard graphics is OK, but not intended for serious gaming.

The add-on option of a Sapphire HD6950 would give reasonable performance, generally, at a sensible price.

You should, however, check out the system RECOMMENDED requirements, for the games you are playing, for any specific suggestions.

The sites of NOVATECH and CHILLBLAST are worth a visit. Both well respected.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert