We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Urgent help needed...android reset to factory settings, now ive lost facebook andyoutube

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good evening to you all. I got a problem and Ive need urgent help please. I purchased an android tablet from amazon uk a few weeks ago, its the popular Natpc, link is here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/NATPC-ULTIMATE-Capacitive-Android-tablet/dp/B007V5XL94/ref=sr11?ie=UTF8&qid=1339968833&sr=8-1

I did a factory reset, as i'm seloing this to a work colleague tomorrow, and now ive lost facebook, and youtube, and they do NOT seem to be downloadable on the google play store, so how can i re-install them please. Tablet has full ice cream sandwich latest version, and these apps were pre installed. Any suggestions please, as the person i'm selling this to needs facebook and youtube on it.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

You can access the web based version of the Goggle Play Store by opening a browser window on Google co uk and clicking on Play just below the address bar (on android you will be asked if you want to open it with the browser or with Play Store keep saying yes to the Browser) if you scroll down the page you will see on the left "Facebook for Android" selecting this will get you to an "Install" button when you try to install it may well tell you that your system is set to allow only apps from Play Store ? if so then goto Settings then Security and temporarily enable "Unknown Sources" will get rid of this requirement

You can repeat this process for your other apps

Cheers HC

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Hi Tosh, thanks for that, I did exactly as you requested, and it said that it had downloaded sucessfully, but when I went to my app screen facebook not showing. Any suggestions please?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Facebook for Android appears in my Google Play Store as does Youtube. Have you looked under settings, applications and see if they are listed? It could be that the link is missing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings