We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Trying to run two graphics cards in Win 7 !

Paul33

Likes # 0

I want to run my desktop PC off an NVIDIA graphics card that I have installed but - on the limited occasions I need to - run a hdmi PC to TV link from an AMD card that I also have installed and which has the necessary hdmi connection and on-board audio.

How do I do that under Win 7 ?

I have an AMD control centre program that shows the two "monitors" and correctly identifies the 42" Plasma as one of them but all I seem able to do is duplicate AMD settings across both screens which leaves me with massively too high resolution for my PC. I can't seem to appy different settings to each screen, let alone run one screen from AMD and one from NVIDIA.

Both cards are showing as fine under Device Manager but I can't reach my NVIDIA card via the NVIDIA software as it says I'm not connected to it !

Any ideas ?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Extended desktop or cloned display?

Chronus probably has the answer to your question.

Like this post
Paul33

Likes # 0

Not sure what the difference is !!!

When I watch TV via the hdmi link, I will only be watching the TV but I'll need access to the PC to set up whatever I'm watching so I guess I need the HDMI output at HD resolution but the PC showing the same but retaining standard desktop resolution !

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Paul33

Chronus maybe able to help you but for some reason his posts are not working.Maybe when he gets that fixed he may be able to give you the advice that you need.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Can you download and install this? SIW (the home edition is fine) Please post what you see under the Hardware> Motherboard and Video on the left-hand side. At the moment I am confused as to what exactly you have in regards to graphics output. Both the HD4300/4500 and the GeForce 7025 seem to be mobility GPU's not graphics cards. It might be that you have just posted the wrong model numbers.

So if you can post your Motherboard,graphics card/s and CPU I would be grateful.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

It will not accept a link to SIW so just Google it and download the home edition.

Like this post
Paul33

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Great, thanks for that but you have missed the CPU, could you post that?

Your motherboard has integrated graphics, see details here.Chipset. Clearly shown in your second screenshot but I am having great difficulty find the ATI 4300/4500 card. I suppose you could not photograph it could you?

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

Chronus

CPU is AMD Phenom 9550

Primary gx card is AMD HD 4350

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

retep888™

Thanks mate.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen