We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ieSpell not working correctly occasionally

carver
Resolved

Likes # 0

Every so often when using ieSpell it just goes stupid,

one example "thspellingng iincorrectct", this came from "the speling is incorect".

Any body have an idea what is causing it, it only seems to happen on this site and it's very annoying, I have tried reinstalling ie but this has made no difference.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Sorry should have added using windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 and it seems that it is just IE 9 that has the problem.

Internet Explorer

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

'IESpell’ does not appear to be fully compatible with IE9, I use Speckie which is.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I prefer Speckie (I have W7, IE9) See : Speckie

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Chronus beat me to it whilst posting!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Thanks for advice from the pair of you, will give it a try and get back to you.

I've been thinking my pc had lost some brain cells, or I had.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

I had to dump iespell when updated to IE9. Went with Speckie, as stated above. Once loaded and IE closed and re-opened go to Tools in the Command bar (you will have to enable it if not showing), select Speckie settings, then select more dictionaries (USA default), download English UK, close IE then reopen, go to speckie settings again and untick the box for English US.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Thanks been using Speckie and every thing works so thanks to you guys, I was beginning to that my PC was suffering from dementia .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

7 lessons Apple could learn from Microsoft (yeah, you read that right)