We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

lost sound on my pc

DrLector

Likes # 0

Hi iv had to move my PC to another room,i had my stereo connected and the sound coming through the speakers of the stereo ,now i moved it and not connected the stereo i have no sound coming out the monitor ? iv tried looking at setting, iv got the green volume bar going up and down but im getting no sound ? thanks for any help.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

There will be/should be a separate audio cable that connects your PC to your monitor - sound won't travel via the VGA cable that attaches your monitor to your PC. Have you connected audio from the PC to the monitor?

Like this post
DrLector

Likes # 0

iv had a look but the only ports in the back of the monitor are power and D-SUB ? what your saying makes sence but im not shore what to do now ? thanks for help

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

This may be a silly question, but - are you sure your monitor has speakers built in? Not all do...

Like this post
PMonck

Likes # 0

Have you had sound coming from the monitor before? You will need some sort of audio input on the monitor - probably an analogue 3.5mm jack.

Audio input can also be digital via an HDMI cable, but you say your display has only D-SUB.

If neither of these options are available, your monitor probably doesn't support audio, hence my original question.

Like this post
DrLector

Likes # 0

hi im 99% shore i had it running with sound out the monitor when i 1st got my pc, before hooking it up to the stereo that was about 4 years ago ! might have to go see if i can dig out the old manuals for it thanks again

Like this post
Samdulo

Likes # 0

Did you change any settings in the computer when you connected the stereo? Or maybe you need the right audio cable. Check this out to help you fix the problem. http://www.ihelpline.com/Repairs/I43?3p=1

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features