We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Sending E-mails about new posts answers.

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

PCA has started sending E-Mails about new post answers. They stopped it before and I can only conclude that it it is a mistake with it being sent again.

I have subscribed unticked for posts.Anyone else getting e-mails when they shouldn't.

No use just saying click on the unsubscribe part on the e-mail as I should not be getting an e-mail in the first place.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I have subscribed unticked for posts"

Do you mean that you have unticked the option allowing other users to subscribe to your posts?

You'll receive an email informing you when someone posts to a thread that you started, but you can stop that by clicking the link in the email. The emails will stop for that thread, but you'll need to click the link next time you start a thread.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Must be at least 6 months since I had the same problem and it has just started again within the last week.

I can confirm that I have had no E-mail warning in that time of someone answering my thread,It has now started again.

I have this unticked in my profile [Allow users to subscribe to my posts]

I do not want to click on the link on the e-mail I just do not want the e-mail in the first place.

Just something I don't like for some reason I usually only use my e-mail for friends and family,

If you can find out why it has restarted sending e-mails I would be obliged.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have found that it does tend to be a bit of hit and miss. Sometimes you get responses other times you do not. When you do, its just a simple job of 'green ticking'.

I assume you are referring to being the originator of a post/thread?.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes spuds being the originator of a post/thread?

Hated it when they updated the forum last year and I was getting all the e-mail replies.

It stopped about 6 months ago but looks like it is back again.

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

Never got one from your post so maybe it has sorted itself out.Will green tick it just to see if it makes any difference.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

One way to stop getting these emails is to use a throw away email address.Email. As it is no longer possible to PM another member then using your own email seems pointless.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Chronus

Will give that a try if nothing else works.Thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Still getting them so blacklisted them with Eset so will wait and see if I still get them or not.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do