We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cheap upgrade to W/8 if you have recently bought a new computer or thinking of buying one

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Cheap £14.99 upgrade to W/8 if you have recently bought a new computer with W/7 on it or about to buy one.

You must purchase a qualified Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 to be eligible for this offer. The last day to register and order your Windows 8 upgrade is February 28, 2013.

https://windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-US/Home/ProgramInfo

Just press home at the top left of that page to Register.

Now not sure if this should have went into consumerwatch or not Please move if on the wrong Forum.

• Tags:
  • w8
Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I have yet to see any benefit in moving to Windows 8 but there again I have not tried it, I have enough parts to put together an i5 PC lying around so may give 8 a try. But as far as I can see it is aimed at tablets and/or touch screen which is certainly something I am not remotely interested in.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

As with the other thread you get it with the Minimum amount of Microsoft updates so it runs quicker.

Avg use to take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to run on XP.It took 5-10 minutes to run when first installed on the new W/7.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more