We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can anyone advise me about the following website please??

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to you all, ive been looking for a specific android tablet in white colour, and ive come across this website that sells it..here is link...

the webiste is called android-tablet-computer. I had to remove the actual link, as when i tried to post I get the message that it is spam Its for the Hyundai A7HD tablet in white.

Not sure whether website is UK based, and also whether I would still be required to pay extra for this item, if its shipped from outside UK(import tax).

Ive emailed them yesterday evening and i'm waiting for a reply to my questions for them. The price for this item was the cheapest I could find for this item in white colour which i prefer. Any advice on this website would be much appreciated, thanks Jules

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

If it is outside the UK you will have to pay VAT and any Import tax as well. Simple answer, if it doesn't tell you on their site their full address do not use them.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

The site does not appear to be in the UK, there is no contact address or registration number. So I would avoid the site.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The site looks impressive, but fails because it offers no address or contact information, except a email form for contact, returns,registration etc.

The site also mentions that it as 'offices and warehouses at Channel Islands UK, Mainland EU & Hong Kong. Extensive network in EU and Greater China'.

The site also mentions payment methods, and PayPal are one company listed with protection arrangements. So it might be wise to have a look at eBay, and see if the company is listed there, with a UK address?.

You could send a request for information about their locations for Channel Island or EU offices and warehouses (which you appear to have already done). Anything arriving from other destinations, and you are going to be thumped for taxes and administration handling charges.

Also consider the warranty and returns-repair side. Nothing like having an expensive doorstop and headache trying to get problems solved, if there are any!.

Doing a Google search, and the question about this company is mentioned, but no replies given?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK