We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

replacing background scenery on photo

bigduvat

Likes # 0

I have been trying the simple method of replacing background on a composite photo of two people!!? So far in spite of many attempts I cannot do it.-is it because I have two versions of photoshop on my PC.? One is photoshop 7 and the other is photoshop elements 10. Can anyone help?

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Have you tried this method,

How to Replace the Background Scenery of Your Photos, Click here

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd, those instructions seem a bit flawed to me. Ctrl + V doesn't paste as a floating layer and some of the other instructions don't work either.

I'm using PaintShopPro (so some of the terms are slightly different). I roughly lasso the outline of object/people and copy then paste as new image (on a transparent background). Then tidy up edges of object by deleting/rubbing out the bits I don't want. Then copy it and paste as a transparent selection layer onto the background pic. I can grab it and move into the position I want to sit it on the background pic.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

If you do a search of the web you will find lots of tutorials on how to use Photoshop.

Click here One tutorial on how to change the background, I hope it helps.

Like this post
bigduvat

Likes # 0

to brynit-every instruction goes to plan thank you until unfortunately when I get to the stage of opening a new background it downloads onto project bin,but it also appears as photo and the layers disappear leaving a background layer showing the new photo-what am I doing wrong from there?

Like this post
bigduvat

Likes # 0

to brynit-I tried again and this time I opened up the two photos to photoshop before following your instructions-I'm delighted to report it works! thanks again.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I know that this may sound silly but:-

You appear to be trying to replace the Background behind a number of Figures.

Why not place the Figures in front of the new Background

Like this post
bigduvat

Likes # 0

hello eddie-how do I do that?

P.S. I know I'm stupid!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers