We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can I upload a website to 1&1 hosting?

Likes # 0

Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible for me to upload a website I created in Adobe Muse to 1&1 web hosting or do I have to use their built in website builder?

Aaron G.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Their FAQ's are usually helpful see Intro to web hosting For your own site then you will have to use a FTP client.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I use and have used 1&1 for a few years now, and have found them a very helpful and obliging company to deal with. If you have any questions or problems, then I would suggest that you contact them direct. Because it would depend on how and what you want to download. I have no experience of Abode Muse, so I wouldn't now the actual answer you are seeking.

Another point worth mentioning, is that they do have 'special offers' on now and again on packages, and the discounts are perhaps worth considering.

Like this post

Likes # 0

I have signed up to 1&1 web hosting and got a URL. My URL status says applying for the past 24 hours! What does this mean?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Its just going through the administration process. If there's a problem, contact 1&1 direct.

If you have purchased a domain, check with Nominet http://www.nominet.org.uk I have always found them very helpful.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Thanks spuds! I purchased the domain yesterday, as I am allowed 1 free .co.uk domain with the 1&1 £6.99 package. How long does the admin stage take?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Shouldn't take long, but remember that it would most likely depend on how quick 1&1 gets paid.

Perhaps worth mentioning, that 1&1 will send a reminder abour 4/6 weeks before renewal of domain is due,whether that is one or two years of domain, and will take funds from the source you have provided, unless you notify them before re-payment is due. I find this very helpful, because it save you forgetting, and perhaps losing the domain.

If you go to the Nominet site, there is a UK domain checker, which will tell you if a domain as been registered in your name. EU domains are a different system.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Spuds, nominet says the domain isn't registered despite me purchasing it yesterday! I assume it has something to do with the fact it is a weekend? Could I expect it tomorrow or Tuesday?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......