We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer crashes after playing games

graham12
Resolved

Likes # 0

My computer crashes after playing 2 games being Railworks 2012 and Trainz 2012 both these games played before this problem started, the computer will play normally for anything from 5 to 20 minutes before crashing in that the screen goes blank but the computer is still on.

I had a look on the trainz forums and it looked like it could be a power problem so changed that from 250W up 650W and this has made no difference.

Could this be a graphic card problem?

My computer spec is Window 7 Home Premium 64 bit Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q8300 NVIDIA Geforce GT220 1024MB 1 TB HDD, 6 GBB DDR2.

Can anybody shed some light as to what could be going wrong Thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

The GT 220 should be able to handle these games. Do you have the latest drivers? Make sure that the graphics cards fan is not overly dusty a soft brush and hoover works for me. Failing any improvement you could cheaply upgrade to a GT430 which might be worth considering.

Like this post
graham12

Likes # 0

Yes I have the latest drivers but the only thing that I haven't done was check for dust so that's my next job. Will give this a go and see what happens

Thanks

Like this post
graham12

Likes # 0

Hi Chronus it was my graphic card that was faulty so have upgraded to a Geforce GT430 and everything is working fine.

Thanks

Like this post  
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Glad to hear it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote