We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

backing up MS outlook emails and changing MS outlook default addy to my googlemail one.

Damarc

Likes # 0

I have always had problems doing this when I change ISPs and have been using their email suffix and also when I change computers. Can someone take me through an easy way of backing up so that I could import them to another account when I change over. So far what I have done is gone to AppData.MS.Outlook and have got a file called Office Data File, on the basis that it might contain my old emails and have saved that on a memory stick. Would I be able to retrieve emails in future by this method or doesn't this file contain what I want?

When I changed from Virgin to Sky a few years ago I opened a googlemail account which I have used. The only problem was that Sky gave me an email account and this was linked to MS Outlook rather than my googlemail one. So I often send emails and get them by return by the default Sky email. I know I can put the googlemail address in on the 'from' bar but I forget. How can I change the Sky default to the googlemail one in Outlook? thank you

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

File, Import export, Export to a file,export to .pst - save to external device.

For gmail on Outlook see here

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Here is a neat little auto backup addin for Outlook

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Here is a neat little auto backup addin for Outlook

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I like that one Rawprawn - I wonder if it works on later versions as well?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Onthelimit1, as far as Iknow it works on all versions after 2002. You can give it arty, it won'load if it's not compatible.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

onthelimit1 Compatible with the latest Windows and Microsoft Outlook versions. Safe PST backup is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 32 and 64 bit. Compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2010 64-bit and 32 bit, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003 and 2002.

Like this post
Damarc

Likes # 0

Thanks for this. Can someone now tell me how to change my default Outlook email addy to my googlemail one from my Sky1 please. Thanks.

Like this post
Damarc

Likes # 0

I forgot to say that at the beginning of Sky subscription I brought my googlemail email into Sky's one so I do receive both Sky and Googlemail emails in Outlook but the default is Sky's address. I would like to change them over so sky filters into googlemail which is then the default address in outlook. I think the link that you gave me is for gmapping from scratch and to Outlook 2010 and I have 2003, if that makes a difference.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...