We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Microsoft Word 2007

amyjen7

Likes # 0

I have Microsoft Word 2007. I failed to save a document correctly and was unable to open it. No problem did it again. However, it still appears on “Recent Documents” and when I attempt to open it a box comes up “file not found”. I did a search of recent changes and from here was able to remove short cut so it no longer appears there and it’s not in my document files. How do you edit/remove a document from the list of “Recent Document” from Word? Thank you. I run Vista Home Premium

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Try right clicking the entry and "remove from list" This works in Office 2010 anyway so I'm guessing it will in 2007.

If not download Ccleaner and run that but it will remove all recent document lists.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It doesn't work in Word 2007. You can clear all of the recent documents but not remove just one. It will eventually drop off the list.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...