We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Pc Advisor Website Incredibly slow and jumpy

John-P

Likes # 0

Hi,

I really like this site and the information and users knowledge is second to none so please don't take this the wrong way, it is a genuine question.

Admittedly my laptop isn't the latest spec but its ok I think, its an acer aspire, windows 7, 4gb ram, 500hd, intel core 2 duo processor t6400, and my broadband isn't the quickest but it manages in all other areas.

Its loads up and runs all websites relatively quickly, apart from www.pcadvisor.co.uk which is always slow and when I scroll up or down the page it jumps jumps along the page waiting for it to load, its quite frustrating and I just wondered why is my computer not loading this site as quickly as all other sites/forums?

Can anybody explain why this is? Is it all the adverts?

Thanks, John :)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It's fine for me tonight. Running IE9 and Spywareblaster.

Like this post
John-P

Likes # 0

Hi thanks for your reply, ok I will try Internet explorer, im currently using firefox.

Thanks, John :)

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You want to try PCAdvisor on an ipad if you really want to see jumping.

Like this post
davey emcee

Likes # 0

It's been like this for some time. Physician heal thyself!!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Chronus - hear, hear!

I think that the jumping is caused by ads loading. An anti-banner blocker smooths things considerably.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Absolutely it is the ads,whereas on the desktop there is any number of ad-blockers,not so with the ipad. It was yet another reason why the ipad was not for me.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

It could also be the new spam filters!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen