We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon Printer not printing text

imzy

Likes # 0

Hi there.

I have a Canon Pixna ip3000 which has stopped printing texr documents. It prints picturs fine but when I try to print in Microsoft Works or Wordpad I just get blank sheets.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Have you run a print nozzle check?

Like this post
imzy

Likes # 0

I have juse done so and the black pattern on the printout hasn't come out at all. I tried cleaning the black nozzle but still the same. I changed the black ink a few days ago when documents weren't printing. Does this mean the black ink nozzle os clogged? How do I fix this?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Try going into Printers and Devices, click on Maintenance and running a deep nozzle clean.

Like this post
imzy

Likes # 0

Just tried that. Same results.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Similar Epson problem.

Dunno if applicable. Good luck.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Have you updated your printer driver?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

The warm water trick is well documented.See here:

Epson head clean

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't know if that will work with Canon printers as Epson use the micro piezo technology and Canon thermal technology.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Canon printheads are separate from the tanks and can usally be removed for cleaning.

Lift the top cover of the printer. Flip the inner cover down until it meets the paper output tray.

Lift up on each ink cartridge tank to remove them from the cartridge holder. Set the cartridges on one side so that the ink nozzles are not damaged.

Lift the lever beside the cartridge holder, which is the print head in this model. The print head will lift slightly when you raise the lever.

Pull the print head straight up out of the printer.

Rinse the print head thoroughly under warm running water from the tap taking are not to get water in the circuit board on the back of the print head. Run the water particularly into each hole where the print cartridges sit and underneath where the ink comes out. Do this until the water runs clear. Shake the print head vigourously to remove excess water and then place on a sheet of absorbent paper to dry. Reassemble, run a couple of cleaning cycles with the print cartridges reinstalled and try the print nozzle check again. I have done this with several Canon printer in the past and found it works.

Some people recommend standing the print head in warm water overnight, other have used isopropyl alcohol - personally using running warm water has always worked for me although it can take several goes.

Like this post
imzy

Likes # 0

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. I will try to update the printer drivers. If that doesn't work I will try the washing technique. Let you know how I get on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes