We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ASF Files will not play

tullie
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi folks,third attempt at posting this.I have tried streaming an ASF file in Firefox,without succsse.I have downloaded the Firefox plugin for WMP,still no joy.The file streams ok in IE.I have Windows 7 64 bit,any thoughts please?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

Some hints here might help.

Like this post  
tullie

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13,the problem has been solve after i disabled the VLC plugin.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feedback tullie. Strange that VLC would create problems with codecs, even as a plug-in. Noted.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Reading the stuff from your link it said something along the lines of WMP and VLC plugin clashing,so in the end neither worked.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not a lot of people know that if you have a lot of plug-ins in fire-fox it will knacker the browser.

I should imagine the same is true of all browsers.

Glad you're sorted.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Is this the Firefox plug in you downloaded? if that's not working then the only suggestions I can find is to use a media converter and play it in VLM or similar.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Chub_tor,thanks for suggestion,have allready got the plugin.dont know how i can convert it as its just a click here on the website.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Then maybe download VLC Click Here and use it as your default player so that all media automatically plays through it instead of WMP

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Thanks for that,have allready got VLC,the file actually plays in the browser,thats if it would work.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Forget my last,it actually plays in WMP with IE.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room