We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WEB MAIL ADDRESS BOOK AND ANDROID

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

I notice that when looking a mail on the webmail server via the Android pad the address book does not show

This means a reply can be made and some addresses will come up if making a new mail from previouly contacted on the Android device..

But if I need to contact an address previouly not seen on the Android I cannot see the address and have to refer to the desktop to see the address book

Am I missing something here?

j

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

When you type in the first few letters of the recipients name in the "TO" box the close match options will pop up for you to choose from

as far as I know there is no direct way to view your address book

there is almost certain to be an app that will support this feature but finding it may be a problem

Cheers HC

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Tosh

You are correct in the typing the first two on the desk top, but only some will do this on the android presumably because this traffic has come into the Android it seems to 'lodge' there

As it happens I can access the address book on my yahoo webmail account.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Tosh

You are correct in the typing the first two on the desk top, but only some will do this on the android presumably because this traffic has come into the Android it seems to 'lodge' there

As it happens I can access the address book on my yahoo webmail account.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Cracked it--well one way any way

When IT use/the default andriod mail program it simpliy sents the message direct via therouter with a copy sen't to the in box However if IT log on to my accony from the web then IT get all the normal access

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

As you may imagine the last post was from the Android default. So very basic

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

One other thing to try is to open up your web based email home page then changing it in the settings from mobile view to clasic view,this action should get you the same address book options you see in a windows browser ?

Cheers HC

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room