We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

XP Laptop hangs on 'Windows XP' screen?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, My 5 year old XP laptop hangs on the blue 'Windows XP' screen and does exactly the same when i try to start in safe mode, also the same in 'Last Known Good Configuration'. I do have an OEM XP CD.

Please can i have some/any tips as to what to do?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Ok, apologies- the audio is working now (even though i have no icon in the taskbar). I see that the video controller drivers are not installed but there are no specific drivers for these in the fujitsu site? When i locate to the chipset drivers it wont accept them?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

On the setup information files - try - right click - select install

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit bat, there are no set up files in the downloaded folder?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

setup information files the ones that look like notepads

HDA HA01 etc.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi, There are about 12 of them, although none that are HD.., they are all W... When i choose install, it seems to refresh the screen and all the files remain.

The device manager still has yellow exclamation marks to 'Video controller'?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

The thing is, i dont see any specific drivers for video controllers on the Fujitsu site for this pc? However, the pc plays you tube video and audio, do the missing drivers have to be addressed?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

VGA driver for that motherboard here click on VGA then select global

It will download a zip file double click the zip file to open it then click file - extract all

when it shows the the extracted files click on setup to install the drivers

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit bat/hero,

Ok, i ran the set up and got this message: 'The INF file does not contain information for this system's hardware. Setup will now exit'.

This is like a joke isn't it? :0(

Please could i ask you to stop tearing your hair out for a second and ask what i can do now, if that is ok please?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Ps- the folder does say 'WIN2K_XP', that is ok?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

delete the folder if its not right for your machine.

Run SIW look under Hardware - Video

tell us what the video adaptor is?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes