We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

XP Laptop hangs on 'Windows XP' screen?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, My 5 year old XP laptop hangs on the blue 'Windows XP' screen and does exactly the same when i try to start in safe mode, also the same in 'Last Known Good Configuration'. I do have an OEM XP CD.

Please can i have some/any tips as to what to do?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Blasted keyboard, you = you're... at last.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forget the keyboard it's my problem! Your, should be the word. Sometimes I have these bad spells. Apologies.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave, hope U R OK ASAP, take less H2O with it.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

LOL

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13, contact FE again, page 30 link to pic has got to go

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic, if you say so

It's gone now. (FE) 23:37 22/08/12

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Done. It can be a bit difficult at times just with that small window to type in. Image not clear anyway. Can you not contact FE still?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

no, I carefully type message and then just get 'errors in form' message when I try to send. Something at my end no doubt as others have no prob. or one of those 'unexplained glitches' (maybe FE has blocked me :(... lol)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks FE, never thought of the image and thanks to lotvic. How about the old email addy for the moderator if you have it in you sent folder?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave, yeah, I've got it, s'pose I could always use that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...