We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

hp 6735 bios password problem

alan2k1

Likes # 0

hi i have a hp compaq 6735s it was bought in a bathch of none working laptops i have now repaired it but when it powers up it i get a screen

user id martyn domain martyn-pc enter password

i have no idea what this password is i have tried the usual removing the bios battery etc but nothing works

any ideas how i can remove this password ?

thanks alan

Like this post
alan2k1

Likes # 0

futher info i can press escape and f10 at power up and get a choise of paswords to enter either martyn-pc or bios administrator

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

When you boot up keep tapping the (depending on setup) either the F5 or the F8 key, this should take you into Safe mode. From there run SIW.exe and look for passwords, and you should be able to see what it is.

http://gtopala.com/

The alternative is to look where the battery is located and you should see a 3 pin slot and a jumper with only 2 pins connected (Normally 1 & 2), by changing this to to 2 & 3, you clear the Bios and any passwords in the system.

The BIOS should reset itself to defaults but if it is corrupted you may need to install a new BIOS.

Leave about 5 seconds and change back.All passwords should now be clear.

Terry

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Previous thread here. Same model.

Laptops can be tricky.

Another link. See Post 11.

General search. If you haven't already.

Backdoor links

Good luck.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data