We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson SX435W vs SX445W. What is the difference ?

mooly
Resolved

Likes # 0

Looking at these two printers and I can't just spot any obvious difference between these models apart from price. Anyone any ideas ?

Some good deals at the moment on both these.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have the SX445W, just looked at the SX435W via Google, noticed that the Control Panels are slightly different.

IMHO the 445W is excellent all round!

Like this post  
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Cheapest at Amazon enter link description here

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Thanks Nontek.

Looks like I will be going for the SX445 then. Hope I can get it to work wirelessly with my BT home hub OK

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Thanks northumbria61. I think all these companies must track each others pricing. Just looking at Argos offers and they are same price too today.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

mooly

I had no problems getting mine to work wirelessly via my BT Infinity BB.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I've got the SX535WD and is was very straightforward to set up. I've got it working with 3 systems (W7, Vista and XP), my android phone and iPad.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

The CD Install hung halfway through on my cheapo SX130 last week.

Reboot and 2nd attempt was fine. Just a minor sweaty moment.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Thanks folks. I have one new SX445W from Argos ready to unpack and install which will be tomorrow at the earliest now. Good to hear most of you had no issues with wireless connectivity.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Just a quick update... I finally had chance to unpack and set the printer up today. I just followed the instructions and the wizards on the install CD and printing and scanning all worked first time wireless-ly.

Quick question if anyone has any idea... I thought I would have to input some details such as my router password etc but nothing was asked for. Why was that ? I'm assuming the router (A BT HomeHub) is in the chain rather than just PC to printer direct. Can anyone confirm that.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I believe it is just well written Epson software.

Glad you are sorted.

Cheers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia