We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson SX435W vs SX445W. What is the difference ?

mooly
Resolved

Likes # 0

Looking at these two printers and I can't just spot any obvious difference between these models apart from price. Anyone any ideas ?

Some good deals at the moment on both these.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps adding to this thread, a few years ago I was checking out some Epson printers on the internet and at PC World. There was a slight change on model numbers to those at PCW and elsewhere.

In the end it all came down to the same chassis and parts being used, with a slight cosmetic change, like white plastic compared to black or grey plastic. The other thing was that PCW had a further difference to the model number (b/c/d), and this was used as an identification that the item had been purchased from the Dixon Group.

Another thing that came out of that investigation was print cartridges. For instance at the time Dell sold printers which were actually manufactured by Lexmark, that had been re-badged as Dell.

Similar models from Lexmark and Dell ranges, and the print cartridges would not fit the two same model type printers. I soon found that a small plastic lug on the Dell cartridges cases was the difference. File off the lug and the cartridge would then fit both Dell and Lexmark models. Doing that made extra cost saving and availability on the print cartridges obtained.

Perhaps going a little further, if you have driver problems, then check with the manufacturer. I have done this on a number of occasions, and a different printer driver from another model as be recommended, and the problem was solved. But always check first with the manufacturer.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Thanks Taff, disconnecting the drive seems to have done the trick as far as I can tell. The first time I did a restart following this I got windows firewall asking whether or not to allow an incoming "public" network. I clicked no and did further restart. The printer still prints and scans OK and the network is gone from "computer" in explorer view. While the networked "drive" was there it was also taking an age to update the disc free/used bar graphs, perhaps as long as 20 or 30 seconds as the green progress bar at top of explorer crawled its way along. Now all info is there instantly as it always was before. Letrs hope its still like that tomorrow :) Thanks again.

Spuds... I'm sure that big companies have enough buying power to get "specials" from large manufacturers. I don't think there are any driver issues with the Epson. On inserting the install CD it checked the Epson site automatically and got the latest versions. The Seiko-Epson software installed faultlessly and I was impressed. I wish I could say the same for Acronis TI2012 but that's another story and maybe another thread if I can't resolve the issues that that flawed software is causing me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...