We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson SX435W vs SX445W. What is the difference ?

mooly
Resolved

Likes # 0

Looking at these two printers and I can't just spot any obvious difference between these models apart from price. Anyone any ideas ?

Some good deals at the moment on both these.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Thanks Nontek

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

If I remenber correctly when I set mine up you connect initially with USB cable so I guess it takes the Encryption Key or the necessary security permissions from there.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

I was half expecting having to do something like. The user guides list several ways of connection and manually setting up WiFi and in those cases it says to have your password and SSID details to input and also to give the printer a name on the network.

The install CD just has two choices of how do you want to connect. USB or WiFi. It configured everything in minutes.

Only slight annoyance is a balloon message on PC start up saying "can not reconnect to one of network drives" if the printer is powered down which 99% of the time it is for me. It's a legitimate message and dissapears after a few seconds but I haven't found a way to stop just that one warning message without turning off all balloon messages.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

In Windows Explorer right click the unconnected drive then left click on "Disconnect" It shouldn't come up again even after a reboot. I've never used the slot on the printer but I guess you might have to remap the drive if you do want to. It may of course just appear when there is media in it!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have not found any way to stop that message either - just have to put up with it, a small price to pay for a great little printer.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Most modern printers seem to take almost zero power when not being used. I leave mine on 24/7.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Edit: I do shutdown the PC it is connected to though.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

The 435W actually goes to sleep and uses no power as far as I can tell. You have to press the power button to wake it up and again to shut it down.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

mooly

Got a clue from Taffs input at 8.04AM above - when the Bubble warning appears left-click on bubbles' icon and then click on Disconnect - hey presto no more reminders!

I then did a test print and all was well, so no more little niggle!!

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Thanks for all the info folks... haven't had a chance to try any of this yet but I will probably tomorrow. Like Taff, I never figure on using the card slot on the printer so I hope this a fix for me too. I did notice when I set it all up yesterday that in "computer" there was a new entry called "Epson memory card" and it was labelled as a network drive.

Just not enough hours in the day at the moment... I'll be back :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia