We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how can I access bbc I player with windows 7 64 bit?

dereklove8

Likes # 0

I downloaded Adobe Flash Player, but BBC I player would not stream. BBC help section said that I could not access BBC I Player with Windows 7 64 bit.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have Win7 64bit and have no problem accessing BBCi Player.

When I went on to BBCi Player a few moments ago it did pop-up an update to Adobe Flash Player, but all went as normal.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I too have W7 64 bit and don't have a problem. Which browser are you using?

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

Are you using internet explorer? If so make sure you are using the 32bit version!

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Have no idea what the problem is for you, but I've been relegated to the PC to watch football on Iplayer. Never watched Iplayer before, but it's working perfectly OK for me W7 64 bit

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

iPlayer works ok on my IE9 64 bit.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Works OK for me also on 2 W7 64 bit PC's with IE9.

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

Check which version of the two supplied versions of IE is being used, if its the 64bit then the easiest option is to use 'Win 7 64bits' 32bit version of IE.

If that makes sense!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Miké - I've already stated that it works on 64 bit of IE9 and on 32 bit version. Changing version shouldn't make a difference.

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

Woolwell

It does if the OP only has the 32bit version of Flash Player installed!

Like this post
dereklove8

Likes # 0

Thanks. The problem was an over zealous anti virus programme which blocked a lot of websites. I have removed it and installed a free anti virus proframme and everything now works with Windows 7 64 bit

dereklove8

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...