We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Apple 3Gs keeps cutting out during calls

DAKAR

Likes # 0

Hi all Anybody have any ideas,my other half's Apple 3Gs which is 5 months old and on contract all of a sudden started to cut out after a few minutes on a call,and then the screen displays the apple logo and when that goes off the phone works again. If all else fails will have to take it back to the shop. Many thanks as usual Dakar

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

This is a very well documented issue with the 3GS after the upgrade to OS4.

Apple claim it results from the multitasking and you must ensure you have very few apps running in the background. Double click the home btton and then hold down on the first App icon. You will get a minus sign ag

Eachicon will display a minus sign, touch each and the App will close.

This never truely resolved the problem for me although it improved it somwhat. If the phone is only 5 months old take it back to an Apple Store, it doesnot matter if you did not buy it from them. Thry have been known to change the phone.

Like this post
DAKAR

Likes # 0

Hi bremner Thanks very much for that information,I am going to take your advice and go back to the shop today,only thing is if they replace the phone will it not have the same OS installed creating the same problem? I would be interested in your view. Once again thanks Dakar

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Here is the Apple Support thread Apple Support

It is the logest of many and worth a skim read.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote