We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Doppelgangers in the user logon (Vista)

polymath

Likes # 0

I've just created an account for a second user in my Vista (SP2) computer. The process is new to me. No problems except 1 little annoyance; Vista's logon screen is showing 2 identical logons for each of the 2 accounts. (I presume it's not supposed to?)

We can both log on with whichever of our 2 we select. They don't seem to be doubled up anywhere else (there are just 3 shown in User Accounts via Control Panel, including a Guest account). Is there a safe way to remove/hide the duplicate logins? I don't want to try anything that risks getting no logins (it would cause more hassle than it's worth!).

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post
polymath

Likes # 0

Thanks northumbria61 - so quickly too! I'll try that later, unless any solutions turn up in the meantime that are preferable. I'm just being lazy and hoping to avoid reading up on Regedit just now (I haven't used it yet, though I doubt it holds any fears when I used nothing but MsDos for 15 years!).

I wonder if it's something I should have done differently, or just one of those seemingly random errors?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...