We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cleaning up the pc

maltose

Likes # 0

I have used Ccleaner for many years. However a test run of speedmaxpc claimed to have detected many more errors. I removed speedmaxpc once it had completed its diagnosis but is Ccleaner no longer enough?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Ccleaner is a good safe cleaner

Alot of these so called speed enhances can do more harm than good when cleaning the registry etc.

add enhancer to CCleaner for better effects that still leaves the system safe.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

If you are referring to registry cleaning, I would leave it to CCleaner only. Others often show more, but can cause difficulties. See many previous threads.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have tested many 'tweaking and clean-up' programs, and all that were tested had there own suspect way of doing things, especially when they find far more that other programs, with the attempt that you upgraded to a better paid-up version.

CCleaner is by far one of the best freebies, and the registry cleaning part is good and safe.

Fruit Bat, I have just made two attempts to download CC Enhancer, and all I seem to get is 'Application Error' after trying Run to load the program. Do you have any suggestions?.

Like this post
maltose

Likes # 0

Thanks folks. I will stay with CCleaner

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Try direct From the makers here

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Apologies to maltose for hijacking the thread.

Fruit Bat, the problem would appear to be due to NET Framework after doing a Google search. I have downloaded latest version with latest updates. I have tried the download from the two links you have supplied, plus one via MajorGeeks. All attempts on Run are giving application error messages. My problem, so I will look into it further.

Apologies once again to all.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger