We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to create left and right sidebar using html?

Mark_Brown11

Likes # 0

I can not create sidebar page. How I can create sidebar and How can I integrate it with main page? Only html code. Please give me some sample page or link from where I can see sample. Thanks.

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

I don't know about writing it from scratch taking a long time, this code took about 5 minutes to write - probably faster than firing up a web creation tool.

It took longer creating an image (as you can't post code here) and working out how I could upload it somewhere to give it to you. click here

You can manipulate that code to your hearts content, adjusting the % will alter the width of each column. The backgrounds are only there to demonstrate the concept.

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

Whoops!

Just noticed an error in the spelling of the code in .cont1

backgrond-color should of course be background-color

It doesn't matter much as it's set to white anyway, but for anyone reading and puzzling why, it's simply my typing error. At least you can see I did actually manually code it!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...