We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HDMI Sound Issue - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

John-P
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi,

I am hoping that somebody will be able to help me here, I have an Acer Aspire 5738 laptop with the following issue, please read carefully I am trying to explain as best I can;

Initial problem: When I plugged my laptop into a television (tried three different TV's), the picture showed on the TV but sound would not come through the TV speakers, it only came through the laptop speakers. When I went into the sound manager there was no HDMI device showing, I had the 'show disabled devices' and show disconnected devices' checked.

I have now solved this issue by updating my chipset driver to an older version (a 2008 version), and that has solved the sound problem so it now comes through my TV.

Current Problem Obviously now everything is working as I want it, I need to keep this older chipset, but when I restart my computer it seems to revert to the latest version, and at the same time removes the HDMI audio option and I therefore cannot get sound through my TV speakers again, so every time I restart my computer I have to reload the older chipset, which is quite annoying.

Is there anyway I can keep the computer running this older chipset permanently, or can anyone advise how I can ensure the HDMI audio option doesn't disappear? I'm on windows 7, 32 bit.

Thanks in advance.

John :)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

First of all go to windows update. On the left select change settings select Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them Click OK. Next step is to turn off automatic driver installation

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

With HDMI you have to change the volume using the remote control for the TV.

Well thats how it works for me on my other computer.

Like this post
John-P

Likes # 0

rdave13 - Wow that was quick and easy, I didn't expect that, that's great thank you very much indeed :), I shall report back after a few restarts and confirm this as solved.

Thanks again,

John :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?