We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

desktop unresponsive

mark3986

Likes # 0

Hi my desktop computer is constantly not responding not matter how many times I restart it all I've got running is mse and ccleaner it's w7 16gb memory 1tb hard drive

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

maybe download and run MalwareBytes to see what it finds.AVG on it's own is not good enough.

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

I've got super anti-spyware and I've tried running mbam but it still goes unresponsive even in safe mode

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you got it set for compatibility mode under tools.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure where I got the AVG from.In MSE turn off Anti-Malware or Spyware whatever it is called to see if it makes any difference.If no difference turn it back on.

When it is not responding try Task Manager to see what is using up most of the CPU under processes.If nothing running System Idle process should be showing about 97% which is normal.Anything else using up a lot of the CPU let us know what.

Go into Device manager and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks beside any of the drivers.

Have you had any other Anti-Virus programs that you have removed lately.If so what.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you use torrents you might be virally infected. MSE or SAS or Malwarebytes are to little too late. Try malwareremoval forums.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You could try a speed test to make sure you are getting a good download and upload speed.

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

If no joy with MalwareBytes download and Run Hitmanpro that only takes 5-10 minutes to finish it's scan.If it finds any problems you just have to activate the free license which lasts for 30 days and then it will remove anything that it finds.

Got a feeling that you have an unsigned driver which Microsoft reacts badly to so mind and have a look in device manager.

You could try typing sfc /scannow into command prompt and then clicking on the enter button on the keyboard.See if that finds and fixes any problems.

Are you using Windows Firewall or another.If another which one.

Who is your ISP and are you connected by ethernet or wireless.I/E9 or another.

Like this post
yunssuey

Likes # 0

Anything else using up a lot of the CPU let us know what.

[img]http://www.interbankforex.info/kv.gif[/img]

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Spam from yunssuey Ignore it.

Like this post
MizMuir

Likes # 0

when it starts not responding i carnt do anything with the computer other than hold the off/on button until it goes off firefox goes unresponsive alot aswell dont know wether thats got anything to do with it.theres 2 yello triangles in the portable devices one says I:\ and the other says WPD file system volume driver dont know wether that will help you guys. virgin media is my internet provider.i have just restarted my computer and all thats in the task bar thing is my avg and safely remove hardware icon cos ive got a external HD plugged in.in task manager my processes are 50 the CPU usage is flickering from 0% to 24% and physical memory usage is 10%.in the processes tab theres atieclxx.exe,avgtray,csrss,dwm.exe,explorer.exe,hpqphotocrm,sidebar.exe,taskhost,taskmanager,winlogon all showing up as running.but the applications tab nothing is running

Like this post
MizMuir

Likes # 0

sorry its mark on my girlfriends account

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...