We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blue Screen and mini dump

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Got a blue screen when shutting down today then it would freeze on start up but seems to work Ok in safe Mode.Any ideas as to what I should be looking for.

061012-15615-01.dmp 10/06/2012 16:14:23 KERNELMODEEXCEPTIONNOTHANDLED 0x1000008e 0xc0000005 0x98f80d6a 0xb723f5cc 0x00000000 win32k.sys win32k.sys+d0d6a Multi-User Win32 Driver Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255) 32-bit win32k.sys+d0d6a win32k.sys+10f08 win32k.sys+a6a5 win32k.sys+b029 C:\Windows\MiniDump\061012-15615-01.dmp 2 15 7601 179,019

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Faulty video driver is the usual cause of 0x1000008e

Uninstall the drivers in safe mode reboot and let windows find and reinstall them.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Something to look at with Windows 7, turn-off-automatic-driver-installation

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Daft question but where do I find Video drivers,

I don't have a video card and cant find anything under Device manager.System devices.

Obviously looking in the wrong place.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Would it be the Graphics driver that I remove.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Sound, video and game controllers or display adapters? Try a restore and set windows to not install drivers via update.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Yes reinstall graphics drivers

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

Ok did that but usually run updates manually anyhow.

I have a Samsung tv/monitor with one computer connected by hdmi and this one connected normally.

The HDMI one runs Ok with good colour and this one always has a light green background which is a bit of a nuisance.If I turn the green down a bit it eventually comes back to green again.

I may have changed things in Display when trying to rectify the problem is there a way of setting display back to default.

At the moment after removing the graphics driver and it updating again I am back to the lime green background.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Ok reinstalled the graphics driver so will wait and see if I get any more problems.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not sure I understand fully but you can calibrate the colour on a PC by typing display in the search box. Click it on the list and select calibrate color on the left. You might need "permission" if you use that daft user account control waffle.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

Probably just a conflict between the connections as the other uses HDMI So will just have to put up with it I think.

I set the colour to default and it comes up lime green.Just a matter of turning the green down every now and then.

I have rebooted a few times and no more freezes or Blue warnings so far, so will see how it gets on for the next 24 hours before classing as resolved.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback