We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NEW VERSION OF POWER POINT DIFFICULT TO USE.

alistair brown

Likes # 0

Dear all A friend of mine has had problems with using his camera pictures imported from his camera onto a picture processing application.

He used to use Power Point to arrange and crop his pictures, but at work now we have changed over to the new Windows 7 operating system, with Office 2010. .

He wants his pictures to be saved in JPEG format so that he can play them over his DVD player which is plugged as usual into the television.

PRESENTATION/POWER POINT/MICROSOFT PICTURE MANAGER.

This what is said at the title of the screen at the top when we are nearly there.

Another thing that comes into this is at the top of the screen there is a drop down menu 3 lines down is the Microsoft Picture Manager option which may or may not be needed.

In the previous session he then clicked a menu button at the top of the screen to convert all his modified photos back to Power Point JPEG fomat.

Could you please give me a numbered list of what to do to accomplish this?

I have added as much as I can.

From

Alistair Brown

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Why is he using PowerPoint to edit photos. This is a presentation program. There is basic photo editing software built in to Windows 7. He should be able to go to the photos library and open the picture there and then edit.

Like this post
Andsome

Likes # 0

I much preferred Office 2000, it was much easier to use. I have some saved items in Publisher 2000 which I can open and edit in Publisher 2010. I cannot however fathom out how to do similar items in Office 2010. I just cannot create a table which will print. In many respects this is a backward step. So called improvements should not become difficult to use.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Andsome - At the risk of hijacking this thread, there are tutorials on tables in Publisher 2010. This is just one Bright hub

Like this post
Andsome

Likes # 0

Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite