We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win 7 creates additional folders

Clapton is God
Resolved

Likes # 0

Windows 7 Professional. 64 Bit.

It seems that every time I switch on the PC it's created an additional My Music and My Videos folder.

I don't need (or want) these folders and I'm quite happy with the original folders, which are still there, and are empty anyway.

Even though I delete the newly created folders they re-appear next time I switch the PC on.

How do I stop these unwanted folders from being created?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Why not try and deleting the other folders and see if they are created again?

Like this post  
johndrew

Likes # 0

If you are referring to the folders within 'Libraries', they are OS default folders and will be renewed if deleted. Whether there is a way to permanently delete them I don't know of it. Probably would be a change to a Registry entry.

However, I do know you can change the location if it helps; have a look at this.

Like this post
Clapton is God

Likes # 0

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll give them a try and see what happens next time I switch on!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Take a look here enter link description here

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

northumbria61

Sorry this is a bit off subject.

That's an interesting link. MS say it is not possible but at least one user has found a work around. If MS continue down this autocratic route, I wonder if those who are able to modify the OS will do so on a continual basis. If so will MS attack them or allow the OS to be Linux modified.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

johndrew- there is nearly always a work around if you look long and hard but I gave up reporting problems to MS many years ago as I found they very rarely gave you a solution. I am now able to solve most of my own PC problems (trial and error over the years) with the knowledge that there is always the helproom for backup.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK