We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I bought another laptop today.

KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

The continuing saga of my first laptop purchase.Previous posts:

Another what laptop question.

New laptop plenty baggage.

Anyway got rid of the Samsung and bought myself a Novatech nSpire 2450 which was less than the Samsung plus i got cashback on the purchase and the best bit is it comes free of any software, so although there is no OS neither is there bloatware. so far I am very impressed, just waiting on a bluetooth mouse as I really do not like a touch pad. Thanks to all who offered advice.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Chronus

Nice one glad you found something that works for you.You can also get them with the OS and without the bloatware.

I take it that you already had an OS to put on it.Or sometimes cheaper buying your own OS and installing it that way.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

buteman

Yes I bought it without an operating system as I am fortunate to have several spare copies of Windows 7. It came with a 500Gb HDD but I shall probably bung in a biggish SSD as they are dropping in price almost daily it seems.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I bought exactly the same laptop from Novatech a few weeks ago, to replace a very old Desktop. Totally happy with my purchase, got mine with Win7 pre-installed - No Bloatware!! Also was cheeky and asked 'any Freebies with it' ... was given an excellent laptop case. I live not too far from Novatech.

I like the fact that it includes a couple of USB3 Ports as well as the usual USB2.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Always nice to have new toys.

I was forced into a quick trip to Argos yesterday. My Canon printer/scanner got arsey with a cartridge.

While a new set of two would probably have fixed it, I wasn't going to chance it. Even cheaper compatibles might have wasted my money. And I hated that bloody thing from the day I bought it.

So at last I am the proud owner of a £29.95 Epson SX130 with 4 carts!!!

I don't even think I need to refill any more. Replacements are cheap as chips. (subject to checking other owners' confirm they work)

I am as happy as if I had a new laptop :-)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Nice machine. Even better with an SSD :) My tale of woe is our Samsung digital camera, a few years old now, went rather hot while my better half and the children went to the West Midland Safari Park. Three or four pics and it died. A new one ordered.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Guess what,decided I really do not like this laptop and have come to the conclusion that I will need to spend a bit more than the £360 that I did to get something I am happy with.So back it goes.LOL.

My main gripe with this laptop is the viewing angle on what is a pretty rubbish screen. as I bought this mainly for my good lady who ,due too a medical condition can spend a few days in bed on a regular basis. With this laptop it seemed you could only view at a very precise angle plus the colours were pretty washed out. so back it goes to Novatech and as a replacement I am buying a Dell UltraSharp U2711 - 27" monitor,yes it is not a laptop but a virtual brand new one has come up on a forum that allows buying and selling of components, once certain criteria have been met. I currently have a 24" Dell and it is the best monitor that I own and I have 3 24". I can get this 27" for less than I paid for the 24" so cannot let this deal go past.

As to my good ladies needs,I am thinking of installing a monitor on a Vesa bracket and with wireless keyboard and mouse on one of these laptop tray. She will be able to use her desktop.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Interesting about the screen - I thought they were all made by a couple of manufacturers, and that the viewing angles etc would all be similar.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Chronus

Hmm, sorry you are not happy with yours, I am delighted with mine - mind you, I don't actually use the screen as such. I bought my laptop as a Desktop Replacement and have connected - USB Cordless Mouse, Logitech USB Keyboard and Samsung SyncMaster 225MD DTV/PC screen, external hard-drive (for backups), so the only button I need to use on the laptop is the On(Start-up) button.

Added bonus is that the laptop is not being 'worn' by sweaty fingers etc, keeping it in pristine condition.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'