We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Chrome

shellship
Resolved

Likes # 0

On my Win XP machine I have the short cuts for IE, Firefox and Outlook on the bottom left hand corner of the taskbar. Is there any way I can get the shortcut for Chrome to sit there too? I have tried dragging but to no avail.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

That's where I have mine. Have you first created the shortcut to Chrome, and then tried dragging it to the Quick Start bar? (Right click on Google Chrome - either the icon on your desktop or the program name itself in the Programs list), click on 'Create Shortcut, then drag the shortcut to where you want it).

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Thanks Ian. Must be doing something wrong. Have created shortcut which is now on Quick Start bar (and on desktop). Have tried dragging the latter to the taskbar but it won't go there.

No, it is OK. It was there but was hidden behind arrow.

Thanks again.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Sounds good. If you don't want stuff hiding behind the arrow, you know that you can unlock the quick start bar by right clicking on the taskbar, unchecking 'lock the taskbar, then drag the vertical row of dots to the right to enlarge the quick start area such that all the icons in it are visible? Once you've done that, you can relock it by right clicking again on the taskbar and re-checking 'lock the taskbar'.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Ian in N

Brill. Thanks a lot.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014