We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Real time microphone amplification software

louissegal

Likes # 0

I've just bought a ZOOM H2 voice recorder and I've set it up so that it works as a microphone for my laptop. Is there any software that would allow real-time amplification of the recorder so that I could play it out of my Hi-Fi system?

Like this post
louissegal

Likes # 0

Has anyone had any luck finding anything?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Is this the device? if so it has a line out and there is an optional extra for stereo Y cable that goes to phono plugs. What inputs does your HiFi system have?

Like this post
louissegal

Likes # 0

Yes it is my device and it does have those inputs. What I was wanting is a software that allows me to use the microphone and re-lay the music out of my laptop (plugged into the Hi-fi System). The Zoom has a port that lets it be conncected to a computer (Mini USB to USB)

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Why cannot you connect the microphone directly to the HiFi via either its microphone input or phono input? No software needed for that.

Like this post
louissegal

Likes # 0

So that I can record what I am saying

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Now I am confused, the device you have is a recorder, so it will record everything you say on the SD card. I guess I don't understand what you are trying to do.

Like this post
louissegal

Likes # 0

Well, according to the manual, you can plug it into the computer, record what your are saying, and at the same time, output it to a Hi-Fi system plugged into the computer. That is what I am trying to achieve

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Audacity its free but any audio editing software should do thisd but be aware there will possibly be a slight delay between your actual voice and the recordingAUDACITY

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added