We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

transfer photos to camera SD card

laptopdunce
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have transferred photos from laptop to my camera SC card, put them all in the DCIM folder along with all the other photos already on the card, they will all show when I open the SD card in the laptop but they wont show on the camera itself - why is this happening? the photos must be in the SD card but they dont show on the camera itself, its a Samsung L80 camera, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

This has been raised before. I download from camera sd card with a card reader,edit (get rid of red eye etc) then save on another sd and take it to ASDA to print. They do not show when loaded back in the camera. I think it a difficult one to solve.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

there must be a reason why the file wont show when it IS actually inside the SD card, as it shows the entire set of photos (taken by the camera) and added to the same location in the SD card with photos that were from another source (but not actually taken by the camera itstel) its very weird, surely anything on the SD card should play in the camera? I have tried an SD card from ANOTHER camera and those play OK in the Samsung camera. Very odd. Laptopdunce

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Yes there is a reason why you will have great difficulty in doing what you want. Metadata (Exif) is written to the card by the camera. This is done differently by various camera manufacturers.

Image editors have to interpet this info to create the image on your computer, during this process the image editor damages/alters or even removes the metadata. Without this data being present in it's original form the camera cannot read the file.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made