We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Emailed Excel spreadsheet being received with zero bytes

Evolution

Likes # 0

HELP!

We send an excel 2003 spreadsheet daily to one of our client's home email address (btconnect)

Until rcenetly all was well and he could view it fine but now when he receives it, it contains no data and file size is zero bytes.

All other recipients, (internal and external), can view it ok and we've tried sending externally from btinternet and hotmail accounts but the result is the same.

Leads me to believe it's an issue at his end, either local to his PC or with his ISP.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Must be his end. Changed anti-virus recently and the new one is blocking it?

Like this post
Evolution

Likes # 0

I agree but would a change of AV etc remove / quarantine the file completely though? It's still attached, just with no data.

I've noted that macro security was set to high so have reduced this level and will see if that helps.

Thanks.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Are you sending it as an .XLS file or a .ZIP file?

An .XLS file might be treated as potentially harmful and its content removed. Some ISPs are very particular about the file types they will allow as attachments.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...