We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Any video editing experts around?

ams4127
Resolved

Likes # 0

At my daughter's recent wedding I lent my video camera to a friend with instructions to video the entire ceremony, while I used my still camera. This he did with quite some success. However, there are a few bits where it looks as though he fell in a hole (the ceremony was "Humanist" and took place in a woodland setting).

I intend to edit the movie in Adobe Premier Elements 9.

Is it possible to "lock" the sound track and insert stills of the audience during the editing process, replacing the falling down holes bits?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Whilst I don't use Adobe Premier Elements, I know I can do as you are attempting with my (Pinnacle) video editor and feel certain you can also. There are a few tutorials on the Adobe software and free manuals/instructions which may help; have a look at some of these.

Like this post  
ams4127

Likes # 0

johndrew

Just what I needed! Thank you very much.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Right click on the video in timeline mode and you will get a menu. Click on "Unlink Audio and Video". You can then cut the video and delete sections whilst leaving the audio intact (or vice versa). Then put stills into the gaps. You can adjust the length of the still by dragging it longer or shorter.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I recently did exactly as Marvin42 suggested using Serif MoviePlus X6 - I too had to hide some of my "wobbly moments" - next time I will use a tripod!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I too use Serif and would do the same. "next time I will use a tripod" - good idea until you accidentally kick one of the legs, which is what I did!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features