We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Driver for Samsung GT-S5600

Nontek

Likes # 0

I am trying to find the above Driver for a friend, we are currently working together on TeamViewer but not having much joy.

Driver(s) required for connecting Mobile Phone to PC.

I don't seem to be able to get anywhere with the Samsung Site!

Can anyone please help??

TIA!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You should still be able to transfer photos, images and files using the software that you have now downloaded. What you may not be able to do is transfer address book details. The Outlook widget is to transfer calendar and contact details. You do not seem to have Outlook but Outlook Express which is different.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Have just been trying again via TeamViewer - still no joy trying to transfer Contacts to new phone. Can connect to phone OK, but perhaps it is the absence of Outlook which might be the problem when trying to Sync?

My friend uses Incredimail, and has done so for many years. Had no problems with earlier phones.

She is working again at the moment, so is not on PC for a while - may come back later, though probably not this evening, usually works very late doing book-work.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Nontek - I suspect that you will not be able to transfer contacts from a Windows Address Book to that phone with that software. It works with Outlook only. One work round is to export the address book as a csv file, create a gmail account (if not already have one) and import contacts. This will then sync with the phone. The snag is that you don't get auto changes. I have a similar problem with my Galaxy as I find that the Outlook sync is not great.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Lack of Outlook, just as I suspected. Thanks for all your efforts so far. My friend has a very busy day tomorrow, so will probably not get a chance to continue with this until Saturday.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Actually it's quite a success to get the connection working.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sky to offer mobile phone contracts with O2: Will Vodafone make a move?

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10: a guaranteed success. Probably.

IDG UK Sites

Do we need to fight the government again over design and art education?

IDG UK Sites

How to make money selling books on the iBookstore, publish your book in Apple's book store