We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Driver for Samsung GT-S5600

Nontek

Likes # 0

I am trying to find the above Driver for a friend, we are currently working together on TeamViewer but not having much joy.

Driver(s) required for connecting Mobile Phone to PC.

I don't seem to be able to get anywhere with the Samsung Site!

Can anyone please help??

TIA!

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I'm guessing, as I can find no (reputable) source of a GT-S5600 driver, that you may have to download the whole (54MB...) of Samsung's PC Studio software - from here for example.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Ian in Northampton

Thanks for your input, I have suggested that link to my friend, who is out at work at the moment. Will let you know how she gets on later.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Go direct to Samsung support UK, input the GT-S5600 and you can download Samsung New PC Studio, PC Sync from there.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-S5600CRAH3G-downloads

However why is the driver required? Is it a connection problem with the PC? Some of these phones can be quite flaky with their connection. I have a Galaxy which syncs with my W7 desktop 9 out of 10 times but refuses to talk to my Vista laptop but was fine with my old Vista desktop.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Yes, a connection issue, will be trying again later. Thanks.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

PS - I tried the Samsung site earlier, but the site itself was having problems.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are there any errors shown when connecting? My phone takes a long time to connect on a fast PC. Worthwhile waiting a few minutes.

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

I have just followed the instructions for downloading the Samsung New PC Studio as suggested by Woolwell and it is now installed on my PC. It looks totally different from both the S/S PC Studio 3, and S/S PC Studio 7, and I cannot see how to synchronise my Windows Address Book with my GT-S5600 mobile phone. There is a widget (a term I've never heard of before) for Outlook Sync which I clicked to add on, but nothing happened after that. Can anyone please explain what I should do to synchronise them?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Phoenix21 is the friend I am trying to help - just letting you guys know not just someone hijacking the thread!

Thanks for all the help so far!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm very busy today. Will try to answer later.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Does the phone now connect ok?

Windows Address Book - is this Windows XP?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes