We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is MTR Tracker?

Shari

Likes # 0

For the last few weeks I've been getting underlined works on web pages, downloads etc. If I click on any of these it opens a pop up box which says I've been selected to complete a questionnaire. If I hovver over it the words "MTR Tracker" briefly appear. How do I get rid of them? I can't find anything in "all programs" and it's getting frustrating as it's not always evident which is a genuine link and which are these questionnaires. I've tried activating pop up blocker (medium) but it doesn't seem to make any difference, and I'm reluctant to change it to high in case it starts affecting other sites I use. Any ideas how to get rid of it?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Many different types of Tracker

You could try a System Restore back to a date before this started.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Do you run or use any malware - spyware programs on your computer?.

If you do, what are they!.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Clear your internet cache and delete all cookies.

Like this post
Shari

Likes # 0

I've got AVG 2012 which came with the laptop when we bought it earlier this year. Tried clearing cookies etc but seem to crop up again, which made me think there was a program installed somewhere - maybe attached to something we'd downloaded. We're trying to keep this laptop 'clean' by not downloading stuff as our last one ended up with masses of virus and increadibly slow, but this one is now slowing down and this survey thing seemed to be attached to everything we look at. Will probably do a system restore if nothing else is working. Thanks to everyone who posted.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Considering what you have mentioned above. Download SuperAntiSpyware and CCleaner from either http://www.majorgeeks.com or http://www.filehippo.com then run those two, and see if they find anything.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made