We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing excel pages

ponytail

Likes # 0

I use excel to keep a up to date record of my bank account and print it off periodically which was fine but have now changed my printer to a Brother DCP-J315W Printer and I think I need to alter the settings.This is what I try to print.

Date. Debit. Credit. Supplier. Balance B/F. Done. Checked

As you can see there are eight columns but when I print the first four columns appear on one page and the other three on a seperate page on my other printer all eight columns would be on one page so how do I change the settings so they all appear on the same page also there are no lines which I would like .Can someone help.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Go into print preview in excel and drag the blue dashed line to the end of the columns you wish to print.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi wiz-king not quite sure what you mean Clicked on print preview and it only shows the first four columns

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Again wiz-king when I click on print preview it shows the first four columns then I click on next page it shows the other three columns when they should all be on the same page

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Me Again wiz-king cannot se any blue lines to move

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try printing in landscape instead of portrait.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Ah. may be the wrong print preview - click on view > page break preview, it should show you your columns with a vertical line of blue dashes after the first four columns which you can drag sideways to the end of the sheet.

Working from memory of 4 different versions of Excel as I dont have it on this computer!

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi wiz-king yes have found the blue lines now and they appear after the first four columns as you say but how do I get to drag them have tried normal way but nothing seems to happen.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Place mouse pointer on line (anywhere) and it should turn into a double headed arrow, hold down the left mouse button and drag.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi again wiz-king have now tried to move the blue line but seem to have made the problem worse because when I now go back to my Computer and select the drive whch contains this folder and then open the folder all I now get is about a quarter of the folder in the top L/H corner at least before when I opened the folder it was all visible the problem only occured when I wanted to print.How can I now get the folder back to how it was before I moved the blue line.I did a system restore but it did not change it.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

View > normal

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad