We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Auslogics defrag prog

eysha

Likes # 0

I have just used this programme to defreag my laptop and it then tells me that i have 127 registry file errors. Should i use the same Auslogics to correct these errors, there is another Auglogics prog to do this apparently, or is thee a better programme to use? Thanks in advance. E.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Ccleaner is the one most widely recommended.

Make a System Restore point first which will backup the whole registry. But you will almost certainly not have a problem.

Like this post
eysha

Likes # 0

Thanks, i do use CCleaner. I take it you think it was a scam about the 127 registry file errors?

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Auslogics is reputable as far as I know. I use their defrag too and it's widely praised.

I just meant there is always a risk with registry cleaners. I trust Ccleaner. I haven't used Auslogic's one that's all. It may be fine.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I am a little confused about this, because a straight forward defragmentation shouldn't mess with the registry.

If you know very little about registry, then I would suggest that you do not delete or change anything, because if you do anything wrong, then you might have serious problems to sort out.

CCleaner is a very good reliable product, and using that registry cleaner is fairly safe to use and clean, but as mentioned previously, make sure to take back-ups before deletion.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

My second paragraph was intended if you were considering using other registry programs, not using CCleaner if used correctly

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Coming back to the subject of Auslogics defrag program. I recall trial using that program when it first came into existence, and had a few problems with it. So I have just downloaded the latest version, and intend to have a play around with it over the next few weeks, and see the end results are!.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I use Auslogics regularly just to defrag, - quicker than W7's one. Just do not bother with the "System Health" (and registry) tab. As has been pointed out, CCleaner is a safe registry cleaner. Other registry cleaners find hundreds of apparent snags, but to try to put things right can cause major problems - out of all proportion to the tiny space saved.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Well I have had a little play around with some of the Auslogic products, and found out why I removed them from my computer systems previously.

The defrag is certainly faster, and seems to do the job intended. But going into the registry part like using 'Booster', seems to pick up 447 faults, which I know are not there or are even a problem.

So for me, it is a case of continuing using CCleaner, which I know is more reliable for my use, plus I will continue to evaluate Auslogic defrag, until the trial period expires. I have no intentions of possibly paying for a product that is like many others out there, especially if there is a 'upgrade' fee involved.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Spuds

I use the free Auslogics Defragger - not any add ons, amd CLceaner for registry .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad