We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advice on choosing Replacement Laptop Batteries

Tor-toise

Likes # 0

I need a new battery for my Acer 7736G.

However, different suppliers are quoting different voltages (11.1, 14.5, etc), different capacities (4400mAh, 4600mAh, 5200mAh, etc), and of course, very different prices. And they all claim that they are replacement batteries for my particular model.

Can anyone explain this, and give advice on what is or isn't important when choosing a replacement?

Thanks.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

To be honest this was hit or miss for me also. I tried to get a replacement battery for the original Packard Bell Dots netbook. Resulting in 'not available'. So went to Amazon site and typed the battery number which was UM08A41. This was the result, Amazon Acer

Took four days to arrive, at a cost of £9 delivery, but was a six-cell battery and lasts 5 hrs. Voltage the same (important in my opinion) the mAh is the reflection of the cells the battery has. Anyway it works well and gives 5 hrs battery life. I also studied the image of the battery to make sure it had the same connections. You can always enlarge, up to a point, in your browser to check.

Happy with Superb Choice eu I went and bought another battery, this time a 12- cell one for my HP laptop, number on battery was MU06. HP link, studied and enlarged the photo, to make sure of connections, checked the voltage, and went ahead and ordered. Again arrived in 5 days this time and works well.

So my advice is to go to Amazon uk then type "superb choice eu" then type the correct battery number (as per my examples) after SC EU and see what comes up. Remember that whatever site you choose to get a replacement, always use one that has a digital image of the battery you can use to compare. Hope that gives some help.

Like this post
Tor-toise

Likes # 0

Thanks very much. Have done exactly as you recommended and now ordered one.

I'll let you now if it's a disaster!!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Tor-toise , how's the new battery?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks