We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Homeplugs and my ps3 straming from pc...........

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to you all. I'm interested in getting these homeplugs here.....http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr12?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1338615303&sr=1-2

I have a desktop pc, and a ps3 and I would like to stream videos from pc to my ps3 would these definately work please? also how would i connect them?? I would only consider buying these if they def can work. Any help suggesions would be much appreciated. many thanks.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't quite understand what you mean about 'streaming video PC to ps3'

Homeplugs are excellent at what they are intended for - i.e. extending your home network to work on any PC etc within your home - as long as your Mains Sockets are on the same Ring-main.

I have used homeplugs for some time, just would not be without them now, simply connect plugs/PCs with provided Ethernet cable and get on-line so easily and without hassle.

Initially one starts with a pair of homeplugs, one plugged into a mains socket near PC and is connected to PC via supplied Ethernet cable. The other is connected to any other Mains Socket on the same Ring-main so that any other PC/PS3 can similarly be connected via supplied Ethernet cable.

Any number of additional Homeplugs can be added at a later date for further expansion.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Initially one starts with a pair of homeplugs, one plugged into a mains socket near PC and is connected to PC via supplied Ethernet cable.

Slight amendment to above sentence - with apologies!!

Should read ..... one plugged into a mains socket near PC and is connected to ROUTER via supplied Ethernet cable.

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

I bought this starter pack one month ago to provide internet connection for my satellite receiver - works brilliantly and very easy to set up.

Please check this site for further technical info and contact if you require any additional explanations:

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Mini HomePlug AV PowerLine Adapter Kit

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

thanks for all the info, abot the homeplugs pls,......can they be plugged into my 8 way extension socked, I dont have enough free wall sockets behind where all my electrical stuff is, so I have an 8 way sure protector extension socet..with 4 sockets free, if it wont work this way, than there is no point in me buying them

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Simple answer ... Yes they can be plugged into an extension socket.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made