We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

speed bit

March Wind

Likes # 0

Do I need Speed bit on my PC

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

It would be helpful if you told us why you think you may need it.

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

A message came up on my PC saying it would be better if I downloaded speed bit whilst watching Utube

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Sounds as if someone is trying to sell you software. Unless Utube is giving problems in speed terms, I would suggest you ignore the message. This applies to any other unsolicited 'offers' you may get of a similar nature.

If Utube is slow (unlikely) then it may be caused by other factors, such as connection loading and software, such as that advertised, is unlikely to help.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

It appears to be a download accelerator.

http://www.speedbit.com/

As johndrew if Youtube is working alright, ignore the message.

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

I uninstalled Speedbit with Revo but it couldn't find IXPLORE.EXE. It said to click on Start then click on Search. I didn't do this I continued on with Revo and uninstalled. But when I clicked on Start All Programmes Speedbit was still there under Speedbit Video Accelerator(2) and Speedbit Speedbit Video Downloader(2). What should I do now?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Right-click on those entries in All Programs and then click on Delete! Those entries are just the names of the program, which you have already uninstalled with Revo.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i use speedbit helps prevent buffering when watch youtube etc

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Thank you I deleted. They have gone but I could open something up on those 2 speedbits, I think it was advertising but both gone now. Thank you to every one. I would put a green tick in but I click on the tick and nothing happens

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Click on a tick and then on Post at the bottom.

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Speedbit is still in "C" in My Programmes files. I cannot see it in Revo or in Add/Remove. If I send it to the recycle bin, then delete. Do you think all to do with Speedbit will be gone from my PC? It was to do with trying to get me to buy it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

What's new in VR: the companies creating exciting new mixes of augmented and virtual reality

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...