We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

freeserve digi box

tonyq
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all,

I am on the look out for a good cheap Freeserve Digi box,for use with an old tv in spare bedroom. I know that good/cheap do not usually go together,but I'm sure you know what I mean. Recommendations please.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Tecknica - tesco approx £20 timer set up to swap channels to record twin scart so can also connect to VCR or DVD reorder,

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\

thank you for the suggestion,but I cannot find it on the Tesco site.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I would go to a car boot sale and see what you pick up.There must be thousands of them getting thrown out or sold cheaply since the digital changeover.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

In Tesco Technology Gaming AudioVision DigitalTVBoxes.

The site seems revamped and the filtering sorting is not working correctly.

3 units £10-20. Curtis and two Dions. Technika is £40. Link above is £10-50

I browse Tesco quite often on-line and local large store and a very large store a few miles away.

The stock they hold for STBs is quite variable in-store. Usually not reflecting the on-line selection very well at all.

I have a cheap Dion (SD not HD) in the Conservatory (2 yrs old). It's fine.

In my experience over the years, I have found a high'ish failure rate with these cheap units. Hit and miss even when new.

So be cautious with car boots (??). Other supermarkets/Argos etc are available of course.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Hi all, while in town I called into the "British Heart Foundation" charity shop.I bought a used Labgear FV200 6 months guarantee for £10 including scart cable. If I do have problems at least the money as gone to a good cause!. Thank you all for your help/advice

Like this post  
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Hi tonyq - - I got the "Konig FTA DVB-T Scart Reciever" for Amazon 18 months ago, for our TV in the kitchen. Very small, compact - and just what we needed. No probelms with it, and very easy to set up. Just £24.99.

Maybe you can check it out if you're still undecided!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014