We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No Power on Avent 8117

mcheathen

Likes # 0

The laptop can't get powered up. Even when fully charged when power switch is pressed the green light appears for a split second and disappears. The same thing happens if using pwer direct from AC mains source.

Maybe the battery is faulty as there appears to be no warmth coming off it. Or maybe the pwer switch. Any suggestions?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Tried with battery removed and on mains only?

Like this post
mcheathen

Likes # 0

Yes its been tried with battery removed and wired to mains supply. Still nothing.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

1. Turn off the computer,
  2. Take the battery out
  3. Take out the power supply
  4. Push the power button down and hold for 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect power supply
  6. Then the battery.
  7. Retry to boot

Hopefully this will rid the Mboard of static

Like this post
mcheathen

Likes # 0

I tried Fruit Bat's advice, but still no joy. I even took the battery out and tried to power up directly from the mains supply. Still no joy.

Am I correct in assuming that the battery is part of the circuit? thus explaining why it couldn't get powered up via mains supply?

I checked the power cable with a volt meter and I got a reading of the expected voltage. So am I correct in assuming that the battery must be at fault?

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

The laptop should start with,or without the battery

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

remove memory cards retry if boots to error message or beeps then a faulty card is causing the problem.

remove wireless card and retry

remove DVD retry

remove HDD as above.

if same on all of above then its looking like a faulty motherboard

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia