We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Messsenger & CCleaner Problem

Condom

Likes # 0

I use Windows Messenger for keeping in touch during my world travels. I also use CCleaner to keep my machine free of unwanted additions. However I have a problem that one is affecting the other. I think I know how to correct it if I could only find out where the Messenger files which keep vanishing when using CCleaner are stored and what they are called so I can protect them.

The files that are disappearing when using CCleaner are those associated with the little pictures which display beside your contacts in Messenger and I am left with the standard Messenger little grey man rather than a photo of my friends. I did ask Microsoft but met a stony silence. If any one can help me identify the relevant files and where they might be stored I would be most pleased.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In Ccleaner untick the box for for windows live messenger under internet under the applications tab.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

rdave

Done that so hopefully that will cure my problem. When my friends come back on line their pictures reappear so after that I will run CCleanner and see if they remain. Thanks

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Sorry but that has not cured the problem as the first time I have run CCleaner since I got the pictures back when friends signed in again they have all vanished again. Has anyone any idea where these files might be stored on my PC?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

This might give a clue depending on your OS.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...